St. Mary School in Mansfield, Ohio takes great pride in their students and their history in Mansfield and Richland County. The school and parish belong to The Catholic Diocese of Toledo. In 1950 the school was started in Mansfield on Newman Street with an enrollment of 145 students. The present school and parish are now located east of Mansfield on St. Rt. 42. The school was opened on August 5, 1969 with Sister Vivian serving as the first principal. Mass was held in the school cafeteria until the church was built and dedicated on June 20, 1982. Father Bonifas, Pastor
and Father Ceranowski, Associate Pastor presided at the dedication.
Father Nelson Beaver serves as the current Pastor and school superintendent. We maintain an average of 130 students preschool through eight.
St. Mary has a dedicated staff who are all certified through the state of Ohio. The school is accredited by the Ohio Catholic School Accrediting Association. Instruction is offered for grades one through eight, all day kindergarten and preschool. Classes in computers, music, physical education, art, and life skills are part of the curriculum. The school receives students from both Richland and Ashland Counties including the school districts of Ashland, Crestview, Lexington, Lucas, Madison, Mansfield and Ontario.
Service to school, parish, and community is an important aspect of our educational goals. Students are involved in mission activities on a local and global level including monthly nursing home visits, canned food drives, Operation Rice Bowl and support to our local Catholic Charities. Students attend and participate in a weekly Friday Mass.
St. Mary School is a place where students, parents and faculty join together to form a living Christian community in which we are bound together in mutual responsibility and cooperation. St. Mary School believes in the dignity of all human beings, regardless of their raise, national origin or creed.
Shaping the Mind, Body, and Spirit of Tomorrow’s Leaders